Diploma of Nursing

Diploma of Nursing Course details

Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled-Division 2 nursing)


This qualification covers the application of nursing skills and knowledge required to be eligible for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia in line with some state/territory nursing and midwifery regulatory authorities.

Enrolled nurses, under the direction and supervision of registered nurses, assist with the provision of acute, preventative, curative and rehabilitative nursing care in hospitals, aged-care facilities, the community and other healthcare settings.


Full-time – 80 weeks

Further Study Pathways

After completing HLT51612 Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled-Division 2 nursing), students are eligible to apply for registration as an Enrolled Nurse/Division 2 with AHPRA.

After achieving HLT51612 Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled-Division 2 nursing), students may undertake further study with higher qualifications within the Health Training Package e.g. Advanced Diploma level or may articulate to higher education into a Degree level program.

Employment Opportunities

Graduates of this program will have employment opportunities as an Enrolled/Division 2 Nurse in a range of health care settings such as acute hospital care, aged care, rehabilitation, mental health, community care, palliative care.

Mode of study

This course is delivered using a combination of delivery modes including:

  • Lectures
  • Tutorials
  • Self-directed learning
  • Practical “hands-on” skills development in a simulated nursing skills laboratory
  • Professional practice experience



Assessment is both formative and summative and may include a combination of:

  • Questioning
  • Scenarios
  • Role play/simulation
  • Case studies
  • Projects
  • Skills assessment
  • Observation in the workplace


Entry Requirements

To ensure an appropriate learning opportunity, prospective students would need to demonstrate a capacity to undertake study at Diploma level. This can be demonstrated via the following:

    • Aged 18 years or above
    • Successful completion of Year 12 or the equivalent level of study
    • Mature aged candidate (> 21 years of age) with no completion of Year 12 or equivalent level of study
    • Minimum English level of IELTS test score of 7.0 or higher across all bands (For International Students)
    • Attend an interview with the Nursing Course Coordinator and nursing trainer
    • Police clearance certificate

    Also, prospective learners are required to undertake VETASSESS Language, Literacy and Numeracy test, when in Australia, with a pass in all three components. This can be undertaken before or during study period one. A pass in the numeracy component must be achieved before the learner can progress to study period two.

Additional Requirements

  • National Police check
  • Working with Children Check
  • Immunisation status before commencing professional practice experience (recommended to have immunisation records from home country).



Immunisation is the responsibility of the student. It is recommended that an informed, individual choice is made about this matter. Students should refer to a General Practitioner of their choice for discussion and advice.

Students will come into contact with a large variety of clients while attending professional experience. Some clients may have a communicable disease. Nurses are categorised as a Category A Health Care Worker. These workers are defined as being at risk of exposure to contaminated blood and body fluids (DoH, 2010).

For the protection of students and of potential clients, evidence of immunisation status is required from a General Practitioner prior to the commencement of Professional Practice Experience. For further information on recommended immunisation for Category A Health Care Workers, please refer to the Department of Health website at http://www.health.vic.gov.au/immunisation.


How Can We Help?

Sign up below to get FREE counselling. Don't Miss the Opportunity!

Please provide country code
studying in Australia

want to study in Australia

Congratulations on making up your mind to study in Australia. One of the best destinations for international students.

Now these are the general guidelines to achieve your goal!


  1. Academic preparation:

Research about your intended course and course provider. You may seek help of a Qualified Education Agent Counselor for this purpose.


qeac badge 1

  1. English language requirement:

You must sit for internationally recognised english language test i.e IELTS, PTE, TOEFL etc.

See below English Language Requirement for different qualifications level 

Qualifications level IELTS Module Minimum Overall Score Each band no Less than
Certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas Academic 5.5 5.0
Bachelor degrees Academic 6.0 6.0
Graduate certificates and graduate diplomas Academic 6.5 6.0
Masters degrees Academic 6.5 6.0
Research programs Academic 6.5 6.0

See Below the chart for different testing systems score equivalents

pte ielts conversion

Try to score at least minimum requirement for your intended course of study. If you have achieved the desired result, congratulation!! You have achieved the first goal towards your dream.

If you have not achieved the desired score, don’t lose your heart. You may still be eligible to enroll in your desired course by doing ELICOS ( English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) in Australia.

English language provider test Minimum test score Minimum test score where combined with at least 10 weeks ELICOS Minimum test score where combined with at least 20 weeks ELICOS
International English Language Testing System 5.5 5 4.5
*Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) paper based 527 500 450
TOEFL internet based test 46 35 32
Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English) 162 154 147
Pearson Test of English Academic 42 36 30
  1. Applying to Universities/colleges:

You must now send your application to your desired course provider in order to get a offer letter. If the provider finds you eligible for the course you have applied for, they will issue you with an offer letter.


This brings you one step closer to your dream!!


  1. Financial Preparation:

Now you must start preparing your financial documents to support your studies and provide proof to Australian High Commission.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has financial requirements you must meet in order to receive a student visa for Australia. From 1 July 2016 the 12 month living cost is:

You – $19,830
Partner or spouse – $6,940
Child – $2,970

In addition to this you must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees for the first year in Australia, which will be mentioned on your offer letter.

For eg: You are a couple with no kids planning study in Australia, and your Tuition fees for the first year is $24,000.

You must be able to demonstrate that you have minimum of $50,770 to cover your stay in Australia

Tuition fees                                       $ 24000

Your living expense                         $ 19,830

Your Spouse living expense            $   6,940

Total Expense for 1st Year               $50,770

Also in addition to this you will have to pay for your health cover, which would be approximately $540/year for single, $2830/year for couple and $4970/year for family.OSHC

All costs are per year in Australian dollars. To convert to your own currency, visit http://www.xe.com/


Providing proof to Australian High commission

You can provide proof of your financial capability to Australian High Commission by following ways,

i) If your parents or non accompanying  spouse’s income is at least $60,000 annually and  you have enough evidence to  prove  the income source  through government department (e.g. tax assessment), DIBP will accept these government documents.

ii) You can access student loan from the nominated banks by Australian High Commission. The loan must be in excess to cover your 1st year stay at Australia.

These are the two acceptable financial requirement you should meet. However, in case of Student loan Australian High Commission may ask you to disclose how will the loan repayment be done. So be prepared with enough evidence to support your document.


        5. Applying for Student Visa

Now you are ready with your academic and financial document, it’s time to apply for your student visa.

i) You must have obtained a COE( confirmation of enrollment) from your provider before applying for your visa. This is when you pay for your tuition fees or satisfied the conditions on your offer letter, your course provider will generate a COE for you.

ii) Visa applications must be lodged online using ImmiAccount

iii) Be prepared for health checkup.

iv) Be prepared to provide any additional documents when asked by your visa officer. However we recommend you to provide as much information and documents to support your claim to make the process faster.

If Australian High commission is satisfied with your application, you will be issued Visa. Make sure that you know about your visa conditions and obligations.



How Can We Help?

Sign up below to get FREE counselling. Don't Miss the Opportunity!

Please provide country code

Contact us to help you achieve your dream at info@vividedu.com.au or https://www.facebook.com/vividedu/



The document is provided for general information purposes only. Your use of any of these information is at your own risk, and you should not use any of these information without first seeking legal and other professional advice. The provision of this documents (and the documents themselves) do not constitute legal advice or opinions of any kind, or any advertising or solicitation. No lawyer-client, advisory, fiduciary or other relationship is created between VIVID EDUCATION and any person accessing or otherwise using any of the information. Vivid Education and its affiliates (and any of their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers and employees) will not be liable for any damages, losses or causes of action of any nature arising from any use of any of these information.

changing course

Changing the course or education provider


When do student want to change the course or education provider

  • Location of the education provider is far too away from where the student resideschanging course
    • Sally lives in Penrith and travels to university in Wollongong. It takes her 4 hrs up and down in the train, Sally is frustrated will the journey and is looking to change her education provider.

(Names of people and education providers in this story are fictional for the purposes of explanation.)

  • Course does not match the objective of the student
    • John is planning to open a computer shop and is studying bachelor’s in communication, he realises he should be learning marketing which will add value to his business in future so he plans to change his course

           (Names of people and education providers in this story are fictional for the purposes of explanation.)

Steps while changing course and education provider

  • First and foremost is the search for the course and education provider you want to switch to. If you are not sure take an expert advice from an education consultant who will help make your decision easy.
  • Apply for the course and get a letter of offer from the new provider.
  • After you have the letter of offer, contact your current education provider for permission and receive a release letter. You will need a letter of offer from the new provider in order to apply for a letter of release from your original education provider.


(Note: If your education provider does not give you permission and you are not satisfied with the outcome you should first access the internal appeal process with your education provider. If you are still not satisfied, you can appeal the education provider’s decision at an external complaint handling bodies, such as the State or Territory Ombudsman or the Overseas Student Ombudsman.)

If you have applied to a different education sector from what you are currently studying which require a different visa, Australian migration law requires you to obtain a new visa .So apply for a new visa with the new letter of enrollment and you will be all good .


If you need any assistant regarding the change in course and education provider you can contact us at Info@vividedu.com.au .



studying in australia

Australian Education Overview

Australia is one of the best countries in the world to live in and has the five of the 30 best cities in the world for students, you are sure to enjoy your time here. Above that it has eight of the top 100 universities in the world.Studying in Australia

Employers and universities all over the world recognize Australian degree and other certificates. Graduates from Australia are successful in finding jobs and hold prominent positions worldwide.

With more than A$200 million provided by the Australian Government each year in international scholarships,the australian government is making it easier for students  to come and experience the difference an explore future career opportunities.

Given this impressive educational pedigree, it’s not surprising there are now more than 2.5 million former international students who have gone on to make a difference after studying in Australia. Some of these students are among the world’s finest minds. In fact, Australia has produced 15 Nobel prize laureates and every day over 1 billion people around the world rely on Australian discoveries and innovations – including penicillin, IVF, ultrasound, Wi-Fi, the Bionic Ear, cervical cancer vaccine and Black Box Flight Recorders – to make their lives, and the lives of others, better.