Graduates of this program will also have the specialist knowledge required to understand and implement advanced software engineering techniques – design, implement and maintain IT systems using a well-informed software engineering approach and create high quality software in a systematic and efficient manner. Graduates may find employment in a wide range of industries including security and defence, education, aerospace, health, business, and finance.
- Understand the entire life cycle of software development
- Understand software engineering standards and why they are needed
- Appreciate the need for software engineering methodologies
- Understand the methods and techniques involved in designing, implementing and maintaining an information system, in particular using an object-oriented approach
- Analyse the causes of failure in information systems