studying in Australia

want to study in Australia

Congratulations on making up your mind to study in Australia. One of the best destinations for international students.

Now these are the general guidelines to achieve your goal!


  1. Academic preparation:

Research about your intended course and course provider. You may seek help of a Qualified Education Agent Counselor for this purpose.


qeac badge 1

  1. English language requirement:

You must sit for internationally recognised english language test i.e IELTS, PTE, TOEFL etc.

See below English Language Requirement for different qualifications level 

Qualifications level IELTS Module Minimum Overall Score Each band no Less than
Certificates, diplomas and advanced diplomas Academic 5.5 5.0
Bachelor degrees Academic 6.0 6.0
Graduate certificates and graduate diplomas Academic 6.5 6.0
Masters degrees Academic 6.5 6.0
Research programs Academic 6.5 6.0

See Below the chart for different testing systems score equivalents

pte ielts conversion

Try to score at least minimum requirement for your intended course of study. If you have achieved the desired result, congratulation!! You have achieved the first goal towards your dream.

If you have not achieved the desired score, don’t lose your heart. You may still be eligible to enroll in your desired course by doing ELICOS ( English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) in Australia.

English language provider test Minimum test score Minimum test score where combined with at least 10 weeks ELICOS Minimum test score where combined with at least 20 weeks ELICOS
International English Language Testing System 5.5 5 4.5
*Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) paper based 527 500 450
TOEFL internet based test 46 35 32
Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English) 162 154 147
Pearson Test of English Academic 42 36 30
  1. Applying to Universities/colleges:

You must now send your application to your desired course provider in order to get a offer letter. If the provider finds you eligible for the course you have applied for, they will issue you with an offer letter.


This brings you one step closer to your dream!!


  1. Financial Preparation:

Now you must start preparing your financial documents to support your studies and provide proof to Australian High Commission.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has financial requirements you must meet in order to receive a student visa for Australia. From 1 July 2016 the 12 month living cost is:

You – $19,830
Partner or spouse – $6,940
Child – $2,970

In addition to this you must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees for the first year in Australia, which will be mentioned on your offer letter.

For eg: You are a couple with no kids planning study in Australia, and your Tuition fees for the first year is $24,000.

You must be able to demonstrate that you have minimum of $50,770 to cover your stay in Australia

Tuition fees                                       $ 24000

Your living expense                         $ 19,830

Your Spouse living expense            $   6,940

Total Expense for 1st Year               $50,770

Also in addition to this you will have to pay for your health cover, which would be approximately $540/year for single, $2830/year for couple and $4970/year for family.OSHC

All costs are per year in Australian dollars. To convert to your own currency, visit


Providing proof to Australian High commission

You can provide proof of your financial capability to Australian High Commission by following ways,

i) If your parents or non accompanying  spouse’s income is at least $60,000 annually and  you have enough evidence to  prove  the income source  through government department (e.g. tax assessment), DIBP will accept these government documents.

ii) You can access student loan from the nominated banks by Australian High Commission. The loan must be in excess to cover your 1st year stay at Australia.

These are the two acceptable financial requirement you should meet. However, in case of Student loan Australian High Commission may ask you to disclose how will the loan repayment be done. So be prepared with enough evidence to support your document.


        5. Applying for Student Visa

Now you are ready with your academic and financial document, it’s time to apply for your student visa.

i) You must have obtained a COE( confirmation of enrollment) from your provider before applying for your visa. This is when you pay for your tuition fees or satisfied the conditions on your offer letter, your course provider will generate a COE for you.

ii) Visa applications must be lodged online using ImmiAccount

iii) Be prepared for health checkup.

iv) Be prepared to provide any additional documents when asked by your visa officer. However we recommend you to provide as much information and documents to support your claim to make the process faster.

If Australian High commission is satisfied with your application, you will be issued Visa. Make sure that you know about your visa conditions and obligations.



How Can We Help?

Sign up below to get FREE counselling. Don't Miss the Opportunity!

Please provide country code

Contact us to help you achieve your dream at or



The document is provided for general information purposes only. Your use of any of these information is at your own risk, and you should not use any of these information without first seeking legal and other professional advice. The provision of this documents (and the documents themselves) do not constitute legal advice or opinions of any kind, or any advertising or solicitation. No lawyer-client, advisory, fiduciary or other relationship is created between VIVID EDUCATION and any person accessing or otherwise using any of the information. Vivid Education and its affiliates (and any of their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers and employees) will not be liable for any damages, losses or causes of action of any nature arising from any use of any of these information.

Occupation Ceiling 2016-2017

Occupation Ceiling 2016-2017

The table below shows the occupation ceilings for the 2016-2017 programme year for each occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) by four-digit ANZSCO code unit group, and the number of invitations that will issued in this programme year.


Occupation ceilings for the 2016-17 programme year

Occupation ID Description Occupation Ceiling Value 2016-2017
1331 Construction Managers 5289
1332 Engineering Managers 1407
1335 Production Managers 3368
1341 Child Care Centre Managers 1000
1342 Health and Welfare Services Managers 1177
2211 Accountants* 4777
2212 Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers 1413
2241 Actuaries, Mathematicians and Statisticians 1000
2245 Land Economists and Valuers 1035
2312 Marine Transport Professionals 1000
2321 Architects and Landscape Architects 1391
2322 Cartographers and Surveyors 1000
2331 Chemical and Materials Engineers 1000
2332 Civil Engineering Professionals 2174
2333 Electrical Engineers 1254
2334 Electronics Engineers 1000
2335 Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers 1539
2339 Other Engineering Professionals 1000
2341 Agricultural and Forestry Scientists 1000
2346 Medical Laboratory Scientists 1602
2347 Veterinarians 1000
2349 Other Natural and Physical Science Professionals 1000
2411 Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teachers 1822
2414 Secondary School Teachers 8032
2415 Special Education Teachers 1126
2512 Medical Imaging Professionals 1000
2514 Optometrists and Orthoptists 1000
2519 Orthotist or Prosthetist 1000
2521 Chiropractors and Osteopaths 1000
2524 Occupational Therapists 1000
2525 Physiotherapists 1345
2526 Podiatrists 1000
2527 Speech Professionals and Audiologists 1000
2531 General Practitioners and Resident Medical officers 3495
2532 Anaesthetists 1000
2533 Internal Medicine Specialists 1000
2534 Psychiatrists 1000
2535 Surgeons 1000
2539 Other Medical Practitioners 1315
2541 Midwives 1017
2544 Registered Nurses 16346
2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts 1482
2613 Software and Applications Programmers 5662
2631 Computer Network Professionals 1426
2633 Telecommunications Engineering Professionals 1000
2711 Barristers 1000
2713 Solicitors 5154
2723 Psychologists 1532
2725 Social Workers 1783
3122 Civil Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians 1000
3123 Electrical Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians 1000
3132 Telecommunications Technical Specialists 1000
3211 Automotive Electricians 1000
3212 Motor Mechanics 5597
3222 Sheetmetal Trades Workers 1000
3223 Structural Steel and Welding Trades Workers 4466
3232 Metal Fitters and Machinists 6677
3233 Precision Metal Trades Workers 1000
3241 Panelbeaters 1000
3311 Bricklayers and Stonemasons 1751
3312 Carpenters and Joiners 7718
3322 Painting Trades Workers 2871
3331 Glaziers 1000
3332 Plasterers 2149
3334 Wall and Floor Tilers 1475
3341 Plumbers 5169
3411 Electricians 9345
3421 Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics 1701
3422 Electrical Distribution Trades Workers 1000
3423 Electronics Trades Workers 1993
3513 Chefs 2854
3941 Cabinetmakers 1568
3991 Boat Builders and Shipwrights 1000


*The occupation ceiling for Accountants was set at two and half per cent for the 2015-16 programme year, a further reduced ceiling of two and a half per cent will apply for the 2016-2017 programme year.

The occupation ceiling for Chefs was set at three percent for the 2015-16 programme year, a further reduced ceiling of three per cent will apply for the 2016-2017 programme year.


Professional Year Program

Professional Year Program

The benefits of an Australian Professional Year Program

What is a Professional Year Program?

A Professional Year Program is a structured professional development program combining formal learning and workplace experience for international students who have graduated from a university inMan in hardhat and vest surveys construction siteAustralia. Professional Year Programs run for 12 months and are currently available in the fields of accounting, computer science and engineering — Australian industries where the demand for skilled graduates is high.

Professional Year Programs are primarily designed for students wishing to apply for permanent residency in Australia. They allow students to develop industry-specific skills through study and work experience, preparing them for professional careers in the Australian workforce. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) only recognises Professional Year Programs that have been approved by the government (see below).

Why should you complete a Professional Year Program?

Completing a Professional Year has a number of benefits:

  • You earn valuable work experience in an Australian company through an internship.
  • You are able to improve your understanding of the culture and practices within the Australian workplace.
  • You learn how to communicate in a professional manner within the Australian workplace.
  • You are eligible to receive five extra points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) ‘points test’ when applying for a Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa.

Who is eligible for a Professional Year Program?

You will need to have completed a degree in accounting, computer science or engineering (or a closely related area) in Australia. You must hold a Skilled — Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 485), which allows you to remain in Australia for 18 months after the completion of your degree. To be eligible for this visa you must be under 50 years of age, have completed an eligible qualification within the last six months as a result of at least two years of study in Australia and possess the skills and qualifications required for an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List.

Engineering graduates who completed their degree at a recognised institution outside Australia are also eligible to complete a Professional Year Program in engineering. They must apply for a Skilled — Recognised Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 476).

Professional Year Program providers and further information

The following Professional Year Programs are recognised by the Australian Government:


Computer science



If you need any assistant regarding the Australian Professional Year Program, you can contact us at